Tuesday 17 November 2015

Lorraine Brown - Week #47

Well not too many more weeks left in this whole year of challenges. Some weeks, time has been easier to find and others not so. Whilst I am looking forward to the break when this year is over I must tell you that being part of this weekly wash challenge has been very beneficial to me. I have taken more time to consider my colour choices, textures to use and composition this year as I am always thinking that will also be useful to include in this blog.

I have loved exploring new colours, combining different colours together old and new and just taking the time to actually do a bit of playing along with my full painting sessions.

The past year I have painted Foxes several times and each time I try to think of how I could change things up a bit.
This week I painted three fox cubs and my playing first was to find some interesting new to me juicy darks. I have combined Bloodstone Genuine, Perylene Maroon, Paynes Gray.
I must also play some more in to finding foxy colours rather than just Burnt Sienna and Quinacridone Gold.